So you have purchased a domain name from Godaddy.com and you have a hosting plan with Hostupon.com . Your desired result is that when someone types in your domain name, it would point them to your hosting files located in the hostupon hosting servers. This situation is common and people may have their hosting files with one company and their domain purchased from another company for whatever reason they have. Follow the steps below to successfully point your domain name to your hosting files located in another hosting company.
(1) Login into your Godaddy.com account and you will find your purchased domain displayed.
(2) Located just beside your domain name will be a button called "DNS". Click on it.
(3) You will see a section called "Nameservers". Click on "Change Nameservers".
(4) For Nameserver type choose "Custom".
(5) Under the two field space below "Nameservers", type in the hostupon nameserver which will look like this example:- "###.hostupon.com" and "###.hostupon.com". For exact nameservers of hostupon.com, you can either check out the emails sent out by hostupon to you at the time of registration of your hosting plans, or you can contact them and ask them for the nameservers.
(6) Click on "Save". Log out of Godaddy.com.
(7) Then you login into your hostupon cpanel account.
(8) Click on "Add on Domain" under the "Domains" Section. Enter your new domain name and click on "Add Domain". Leave the "Subdomain" and "Document root" as default, do no change it.
(9) You are done now. Test for your new website domain name by typing it into any internet browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla firefox, Internet explorer.