If you haven't already download the Uber App on your smart phone, you can download them on "Play Store" for Android and "App Store" for IOS.
1. Open the Uber app on your smart phone.
2. Look for the "Where To" space and tap on it.
3. Type in your destination address, the Uber app will automatically detect your current location.
4. The Uber app will then start finding a ride for you.
5. You can choose from the option to either ride with a pool sharing with other people which will be slightly cheaper or you can go with UberX and you don't have to share your ride with anyone else, but it will be slightly expensive.
6. Tap on "Confirm UberX" or "Confirm Pool".
7. Once Uber app finds a uber driver for you, you can choose to call the driver to let him or her know your exact location, although they can usually find your address.
8. Details about the driver's plate number, driver's name and the cost of riding Uber will all be shown for you to see.
9. Once the Uber driver arrives, you can get in to the car to proceed to your destination.
10. After you have arrived at your destination, you can check your Uber app to see how much the ride cost had come up to. Usually the driver will accept cash as the preferred form of payment.
11. You will later get an email from Uber informing you details of your ride that you have had during the day and how much you must have paid. Sometimes Uber does send you promotional offers in the email that gives you certain credit amount like $5 or more, that you can use towards your ride.