It is true that whatever you are watching in Netflix can be seen other person who is sharing the Netflix account with you. All they have to do is to simply click on your name in Netflix and then look under the "Continue Watching" list to see which movies have you been watching lately. So if you wanted to watch some embarrassing movies, you might have to complete the entire movie for it to disappear from the "Continue Watching" list. Even then Netflix gives out suggested movies by displaying suggestions like "Because you watched this movie, here are some related movies".
To remove "Continue Watching" list right away, you can do the following:
1. Login to your account at Netflix.
2. Click on your name under "Who is Watching" title.
3. Look for "Account" under the drop down menu on top right of screen.
4. Look for "Viewing Activity" and click on it.
5. Under "My activity" list, you will find all the movies that you are currently watching and haven't finished.
6. To remove a movie from the list, click on "Circle with a slash across it" to hide it from viewing history.
Once you are done with removing the movies from your viewing history, don't forget to log out.