1. The first culprit that anyone would actually blame is the mattress they sleep on. Without any investigation of the cause of the back ache and pain, people like to point their fingers at a bad mattress. It is true that mattress is very important in preventing a bad back pain but it is not the only reason.
2. Bad sitting posture in a slouched position for long hours causes back ache too, The quality of the chair you sit on will determine if you can maintain your back pain problems or not. Having a good quality chair could go a long way in getting rid of your back ache problems. If you can't afford a high quality chair, buying those back rest mesh lumbar support will provide you with comfort in your stressful hours of work.
3. If you can afford it through your company benefits program, you should regularly go for a professional massage therapy at least once a month. Your body needs proper blood circulation especially after long hours of sitting in a chair with your mind and body undergoing stress from your work.
4. An alternative cheaper way of providing you with daily massage would be a buy a Shiatsu full back and body massager from ebay. Although some of the product may sound pricey and expensive at first but it is way cheaper than going to a massage therapist regularly. This body massager will provide you with the same professional full body massage while in the comfort of your own home without the need to go to a massage clinic.
5. If your pain is really unbearable, you could take a pain reliever like Tylenol or Advil for short term use only. Do not take it for long term as you become depended on it for your survival. Without it then you can't function normally. Take precaution as you could become addicted to pain relievers easily.
6. Get enough daily exercise such as walking, biking, swimming, sports or just about any physical activities. The idea is to loosen up your back muscle and preventing it from becoming stiff. Do not lie down on your back for too long hours as this will worsen your back ache and pain. Contrary to what advice a Doctor may provide about the need to lie down often to give rest to your back, you need to move a lot more instead.
7. Applying heat pads to your back regularly helps in relieving your back pain. Use a rubber heat pad with hot water filled inside or use the ones you find at pharmacy stores.